As we cruise into summer's end, outdoor temps are once again bearable as we enjoy breezy nights and sunshiny days. Winter will be here before you know it, so get outside while you still can! There's nothing better than the company of friends over food in the open air of Summer and Fall.
You shouldn't feel limited to indoor space when it comes to throwing your next dinner party. Consider turning your celebration into an outdoor southern soiree. From a lovely bridal brunch complete with a mimosa bar, to an outdoor rehearsal dinner under Italian string lights, the options are endless. Impress your guests by keeping the details elegant, and taking the party outdoors.
Creative ideas & tips for your next outdoor event:
- Throw an afternoon tea party in the garden.
- Host a romantic candlelit dinner under the stars of summer.
- Consider a theme for your party: Midsummer Night's Dream, Backyard BBQ, Great Gatsby, Alice in Wonderland, Havana Nights, Enchanted Forest, etc.
- Use fresh floral centerpieces to bring your outdoor surroundings straight to the table.
- Keep foods simple and light during daylight hours and don't forget a refreshing beverage.
- Set up a fire pit for evening affairs to keep guests cozy - for an added bonus make smore's.
- Encourage mingling by setting up an outdoor lounge area.
- Don't over complicate it! The three key elements to a successful dinner party are good friends, good food, and a great setting to enjoy them.
8 Lavender Lane Catering & Events has worked with numerous outdoor venues around Nashville. Contact us about reserving and planning your next outdoor event. (615) 389-1826
Photos by: Gregory Byerline